SQL Server Browser Service on Instances for sqljdbc Test
How to run SQL Server Browser service on my local computer? I want to use SQL Server instance name instead of port number in sqljdbc JDBC driver connection URL string.
If you are running multiple SQL Server instances on a single SQL Server host with different TCP port numbers, you can run SQL Server Browser service to allow clients to lookup port number by instance name.
You can follow these steps to turn on Browser service to start using SQL Server instance name in your sqljdbc JDBC driver connection URL string:
1. Go to "Control Panel > Services".
2. Find "SQL Server Browser" and click "Start" to run it.
3. Find all "SQL Server (*)" services that are running and write down their instance names (inside parentheses). For example, if you see "SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)" service, SQLEXPRESS will be the SQL Server instance name.
4. Go back to your sqljdbc JDBC connection URL string, and use one of the following formats:
1. Append instance name to server name without port jdbc:sqlserver://<server>\<instance> [;<property>=<value>[;...]] Example: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS;user=sa;password=fyicenter 2. Add "instanceName" property without port jdbc:sqlserver://<server>[;instanceName=<instance>] [;<property>=<value>[;...]] Example: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;user=sa;password=fyicenter;instanceName=SQLEXPRESS
2016-12-24, 158👍, 0💬
Java Excel API is an open source Java API which allows Java developers to read Excel spreadsheets an...
If you are a Java developer, it is very often that you need to use some 3rd party libraries to perfo...
The Bouncy Castle Crypto package is a Java implementation of cryptographic algorithms, it was develo...
XML Serializer, Release 2.7.1, allows you to write out XML, HTML etc. as a stream of characters from...
JAX-WS is an API for building web services and clients. It is the next generation Web Services API r...