"jar" Commands to Split A JAR File
How to split a JAR file into two JAR files? I jave a huge JAR file and I only need to use one package of classes from the JAR file.
If you have a huge JAR file and want to build a smaller JAR file with classes from one package from the huge JAR file, you can follow these steps:
1. Put the huge JAR files into .\lib folder.
2. Create a sub folder called temp under .\lib folder.
\fyicenter>cd lib \fyicenter\lib>mkdir temp
3. Go to the .\lib\temp folder and extract all classes from a given package:
\fyicenter\lib>cd temp \fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -xf ..\activation.jar com/sub/activation
4. Create a new JAR file with only one package
\fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -cf ..\activation-sun.jar .
5. Take the activation-sun.jar in the .\lib folder and delete .\lib\temp folder.
Back to FAQ for JDK JAR (Java ARchive) Tool.
2016-05-28, 3626👍, 0💬
Commons DBCP provides Database Connection Pooling. JAR File Size and Download Location: File name: c...
Commons VFS provides a single API for accessing various different file systems. It presents a unifor...
Jaxen, Release 1.1.1, is an open source XPath library written in Java. It is adaptable to many diffe...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Download and Installing of FOP 2.0? Here is a...
What Is activation.jar? I heard it's related to JAF (JavaBeans Activation Framework) 1.1? The if you...