"jar" Commands to Split A JAR File
How to split a JAR file into two JAR files? I jave a huge JAR file and I only need to use one package of classes from the JAR file.
If you have a huge JAR file and want to build a smaller JAR file with classes from one package from the huge JAR file, you can follow these steps:
1. Put the huge JAR files into .\lib folder.
2. Create a sub folder called temp under .\lib folder.
\fyicenter>cd lib \fyicenter\lib>mkdir temp
3. Go to the .\lib\temp folder and extract all classes from a given package:
\fyicenter\lib>cd temp \fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -xf ..\activation.jar com/sub/activation
4. Create a new JAR file with only one package
\fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -cf ..\activation-sun.jar .
5. Take the activation-sun.jar in the .\lib folder and delete .\lib\temp folder.
Back to FAQ for JDK JAR (Java ARchive) Tool.
2016-05-28, 1993👍, 0💬
JSP(tm) Standard Tag Library 1.1 implementation - Jakarta Taglibs hosts the Standard Taglib 1.1, an ...
XStream is a simple library to serialize objects to XML and back again. JAR File Size and Download L...
The JSR 105 XML Digital Signature 1.0.1 FCS implementation provides an API and implementation that a...
What Is mail.jar of JavaMail 1.4.2? I got the JAR file from javamail-1.4.2.zip. mail.jar in javamail...
Xalan-Java, Version 2.6.0, is an XSLT processor for transforming XML documents into HTML, text, or o...