"jar" Commands to Split A JAR File
How to split a JAR file into two JAR files? I jave a huge JAR file and I only need to use one package of classes from the JAR file.
If you have a huge JAR file and want to build a smaller JAR file with classes from one package from the huge JAR file, you can follow these steps:
1. Put the huge JAR files into .\lib folder.
2. Create a sub folder called temp under .\lib folder.
\fyicenter>cd lib \fyicenter\lib>mkdir temp
3. Go to the .\lib\temp folder and extract all classes from a given package:
\fyicenter\lib>cd temp \fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -xf ..\activation.jar com/sub/activation
4. Create a new JAR file with only one package
\fyicenter\lib\temp>jar -cf ..\activation-sun.jar .
5. Take the activation-sun.jar in the .\lib folder and delete .\lib\temp folder.
Back to FAQ for JDK JAR (Java ARchive) Tool.
2016-05-28, 2838👍, 0💬
The Digester package lets you configure an XML -> Java object mapping module, which triggers certain...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Download and Installing of Older Versions? He...
JasperReports, the world's most popular open source business intelligence and reporting engine and J...
JAX-RPC is an API for building Web services and clients that used remote procedure calls (RPC) and X...
The Web Services Description Language for Java Toolkit (WSDL4J), Release 1.6.2, allows the creation,...