Install Oracle Database 11g XE for ojdbc.jar Test
How to download and install Oracle Database 11g XE on my local computer to test ojdbc Oracle Driver?
If you want to test ojdbc Oracle Driver and do not have any Oracle database to access, you can follow these steps to download and install Oracle Database 11g XE on your local computer.
1. Download Oracle Database 11g XE from Oracle Website.
2. Save the downloaded file to C:\fyicenter\OracleXE112_Win64.zip
3. Unzip the downloaded file C:\fyicenter\OracleXE112_Win64.zip in C:\fyicenter\OracleXE112_Win64 folder. You see the "DISK1" sub folder:
Directory of C:\fyicenter\OracleXE112_Win64\DISK1 05/30/2014 <DIR> response 05/30/2014 <DIR> upgrade 05/30/2014 332,418,680 setup.exe
4. Double-click "C:\fyicenter\OracleXE112_Win64\DISK1\setup.exe". You see the "Oracle Database 11g Express Edition - InstallShield Wizard" screen.
5. Follow instructions on the screen to choose destination location of \local\oraclexe folder.
6. Enter "fyicenter" as the password for SYS and SYSTEM accounts.
7. Read the installation summary screen:
Current Installation Settings: Destination Folder: C:\local\oraclexe Oracle Home: C:\local\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\ Oracle Base: C:\local\oraclexe\ Port for 'Oracle Database Listener': 1251 Port for 'Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server': 2030 Port for 'Oracle HTTP Listener': 8080
8. Click "Install" to finish the install, which may take a few minutes.
The following picture shows you some installation screens of Oracle Database 11g XE:
2018-03-28, 636👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Download and Installing of Older Versions? He...
iText is an ideal library for developers looking to enhance web- and other applications with dynamic...
Guava is a suite of core and expanded libraries that include utility classes, google's collections, ...
JAX-RPC is an API for building Web services and clients that used remote procedure calls (RPC) and X...
JAX-WS is an API for building web services and clients. It is the next generation Web Services API r...