Handshake and Data Messages in WebSocket Protocol
What are handshake and data messages used in WebSocket Protocol?
When a client and a server communicate with WebSocket protocol, they use the following handshake messages before and after their data transfer messages:
1. Client sends handshake request to server: "GET /chat HTTP/1.1". WebSocket borrows the HTTP request format for this message.
2. Server sends back this handshake response to client: "HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols". WebSocket borrows the HTTP request format for this message.
3. Client starts to send data payload frames to server in a two-way communication style.
4. Server starts to send data payload frames to client in a two-way communication style.
5. Client sends "Close" frame to server.
6. Server sends "Close" frame to client.
The diagram below shows how client and server talk to each other in WebSocket protocol:
2018-01-27, 1078👍, 0💬
JDK 11 jdk.javadoc.jmod is the JMOD file for JDK 11 Java Document tool, which can be invoked by the ...
JDK 11 jdk.localedata.jmod is the JMOD file for JDK 11 Localedata module. JDK 11 Locale Data module ...
Apache Axis2 is the core engine for Web services. It is a complete re-design and re-write of the wid...
What Is poi-ooxml-3.5.jar? poi-ooxml-3.5.jar is one of the JAR files for Apache POI 3.5, which provi...
What Is in Xerces-J-bin.2.11.0.zip? Xerces-J-bin.2.11.0.zip file is the distribution package ZIP fil...