Chrome Setting to Run JNLP File
How to configure Chrome browser to automatically run JNLP files. I have JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed.
There is no way to configure Chrome browser to automatically run JNLP files. Chrome stopped supporting Java applications in its newer versions.
But you can run JNLP files with JavaWS manually in Chrome as described below:
1. Go to "Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations". You see a list of file extensions and their associated programs.
2. Select the .jnlp (JNLP File) entry, and click "Change Program" button.
3. Click "Browse" button to select \fyicenter\jdk-1.8.0\bin\javaws. You see .jnlp is associated with "Java Web Start Launcher" program.
4. Run Chrome browser, and open DynamicTreeDemo.html in Chrome browser and click "JavaWS Launch". You see the "Save as" window showing up.
5. Save the JNLP file, dynamictree_webstart.jnlp, to your local computer.
6. Double-click the downloaded file near the bottom of Chrome window. You see DynamicTreeDemo running in a new window.
The following picture shows how to run JNLP files in Firefox manually:
2017-12-26, 355👍, 0💬
What Is HttpComponents httpclient-4.2.2.jar? HttpComponents httpclient-4.2.2.jar is the JAR file for...
The JSR 105 XML Digital Signature 1.0.1 FCS implementation provides an API and implementation that a...
Jettison is a collection of Java APIs (like STaX and DOM) which read and write JSON. This allows nea...
What Is poi-scratchpad-3.5.jar? poi-scratchpad-3.5.jar is one of the JAR files for Apache POI 3.5, w...
ASM is an all purpose Java bytecode manipulation and analysis framework. It can be used to modify ex...