Chrome Setting to Run JNLP File
How to configure Chrome browser to automatically run JNLP files. I have JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed.
There is no way to configure Chrome browser to automatically run JNLP files. Chrome stopped supporting Java applications in its newer versions.
But you can run JNLP files with JavaWS manually in Chrome as described below:
1. Go to "Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations". You see a list of file extensions and their associated programs.
2. Select the .jnlp (JNLP File) entry, and click "Change Program" button.
3. Click "Browse" button to select \fyicenter\jdk-1.8.0\bin\javaws. You see .jnlp is associated with "Java Web Start Launcher" program.
4. Run Chrome browser, and open DynamicTreeDemo.html in Chrome browser and click "JavaWS Launch". You see the "Save as" window showing up.
5. Save the JNLP file, dynamictree_webstart.jnlp, to your local computer.
6. Double-click the downloaded file near the bottom of Chrome window. You see DynamicTreeDemo running in a new window.
The following picture shows how to run JNLP files in Firefox manually:
2017-12-26, 438👍, 0💬
Saxon is an open source product available under the Mozilla Public License. It provides implementati...
What Is xml-apis.jar in xml-commons External 1.4.01? xml-apis.jar in xml-commons External 1.4.01 is ...
tools.jar from JDK 1.6.0_02. JAR File Size and Download Location: File name: tools.jar File size: 12...
JAX-WS is an API for building web services and clients. It is the next generation Web Services API r...